When it comes to home safety tips, you can’t get a better source than a locksmith! We work with a wide variety of commercial and residential properties to address a litany of security concerns and demands. Whether you are a new homeowner who wants to take care of your new, somewhat intimidating investment, or if you have owned a home for a long time and simply want to brush up on home security measures, you might want to take note of the following tips:
- Regarding New Homes: When you buy a new home, replace or rekey the locks. You honestly don’t know what the previous owner might have done in terms of making copies, losing copies, giving out copies, and so forth.
- Deadbolts: A deadbolt is an essential component to protecting your home but you’re going to want to make sure this item is installed correctly.
- Windows and Locks: In the event that you have a window near your door, avoid the deadbolt. In situations such as these, use a double cylinder lock that requires a key.
- Finding a Locksmith: If you are on the hunt for a locksmith, there are several things you are going to want to keep in mind. Research any locksmith you come across carefully. Learn about their reputation in the community. Check out reviews on consumer websites. In the end, you want someone who is affordable, professional, efficient, and reliable.
- Strong Doors: When it comes to the doors that separate your home from the outside world, you want solid wood, or you want steel. Anything less than that is something intruders can destroy and toss aside with ease.